Do you love quiche as much as I do? Have you tried to make it yourself, only to find that its one of the easiest things on earth to make? If your answer is no and you've always thought it must be hard to make, you are sadly mistaken. Although quiche tastes soo delectable, it's as easy to throw together as scrambled eggs. Really! No lie.
Today I'm going to share a recipe I stumbled across a few years ago on All Recipes. This recipe is different from any other quiche recipe I've tried. There's a "secret" ingredient that seems kind of strange but makes the fluffiest, tastiest quiche ever! Mayonnaise. Yep, mayo is the secret ingredient. And trust me, you're gonna love it!
I made up a ham, broccoli and cheddar quiche. But you can play around and add whatever ingredients you like best. And are you thinking your husband won't like it? That it's not really "man food"? My hubby ate half of one last night! Half! Served with a salad this makes for a great dinner, lunch or brunch. Quiche is really perfect for any meal of the day.
Easy Peasy Quiche
adapted from All Recipes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4-5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped ham
- 1/2 - 1 cup shredded cheese (Use more or less depending on how cheesy you like it.)
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1 deep dish pie shell
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute chopped onion.
- While onion is cooking; beat together mayo, milk and eggs. Set aside.
- Toss the ham, broccoli, cheese and sauteed onion into the pie shell. Add pepper if desired.
- Slowly pour in egg mixture.
- Put on a baking sheet and cover with foil.
- Bake 45 minutes and then remove foil. Continue to bake for 10-15 minutes until the top is golden brown and the quiche is set.
- Serve and enjoy!
- I always use light mayo.
- I used four slices of off the bone ham from the deli.
- I used a frozen pie shell from Safeway.
- My baking sheets are insulated so when I remove the foil cover I also take the quiche off the baking sheet to let the bottom of the crust brown up.
- This recipe is easily doubled. Why not use both pie shells that come in the box?
- Add whatever ingredients you like.
I hope you and your family enjoy this as much as mine does. We all love it!
Thanks for joining me today. =)