Yep, you read that right - no flour peanut butter cookies.
These cookies are melt in your mouth good! And only call for four ingredients!
This recipe has become my go-to for making pb cookies. I bet it will become yours too.
No Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
recipe from The Starved Writer
makes 3 - 4 dozen
- 2 cups of your favorite peanut butter - smooth or chunky
- 1 cup sugar - 1/2 cup white & 1/2 cup brown
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir peanut butter and sugar together until well mixed.
- Mix in eggs and baking soda.
- Place walnut sized balls of cookie dough on baking sheet. Press down with a fork.
- Bake 10 -12 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes BEFORE transferring them to cooling rack! After the 2 minutes place on cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- Don't worry that the dough looks really thin before you add the eggs and baking soda. Once you mix them in the dough thickens up. I promise!
- I've made these cookies several times and have used a mix of sugars or just one or the other, depending on what I had on hand. Every time they've turned out delicious and I've never noticed a difference in their flavor. The only difference is when you only use white sugar the cookies aren't as chewy and are more on the crispy side.
- Instead of pressing the dough down with a fork for the classic pb cookie look you could roll the balls in sugar and press down with the back of a glass.
- For a little extra treat drizzle melted chocolate over them once they've cooled a bit. Or push a Hershey Kiss in the center before baking. M&M's/Smarties are also good additions and kids love them!