Welcome to the first Make It Monday!
Mondays are usually the day I share a recipe with you all, so Make It Monday was born. This week I'm sharing a recipe I came across on The Recipe Critic. (Thanks Alyssa!) As soon as I saw these delicious looking cookies I knew they would be my Cookie Exchange cookies! Don't egg nog cookies just scream Christmas? They do to me. I can not even begin to tell you how good these are. Scary good! I mean it, bake with caution. And don't blame be if you eat a dozen yourself and your jeans are too tight. lol I wasn't counting, but I think I ate five or six yesterday. ; )
Egg Nog Cookies
adapted from The Recipe Critic
makes 3 - 4 dozen
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons eggnog
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Cream sugar and butter together in mixing bowl.
- Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed until combined. Do not over-mix.
- Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet or parchment paper and make the dough balls rather small because they will spread in the oven. Sprinkle the cookies with nutmeg.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until the edges are lightly brown.
- While the cookies are in the oven make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar with 3 T eggnog.
- Drizzle the glaze over cookies.
- Mine took 12 minutes to bake.
- I put the glaze in a baggie and snipped a teeny tiny bit of the corner off. It made it much easier to drizzle.