Egg Nog Cookies
adapted from The Recipe Critic
makes 3 - 4 dozen
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons eggnog
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Cream sugar and butter together in mixing bowl.
- Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed until combined. Do not over-mix.
- Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet or parchment paper and make the dough balls rather small because they will spread in the oven. Sprinkle the cookies with nutmeg.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until the edges are lightly brown.
- While the cookies are in the oven make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar with 3 T eggnog.
- Drizzle the glaze over cookies.
- Mine took 12 minutes to bake.
- I put the glaze in a baggie and snipped a teeny tiny bit of the corner off. It made it much easier to drizzle.
You should most definitely add these to your holiday baking list! They will not disappoint. Really.
Join me again tomorrow - I'll be sharing no flour peanut butter cookies.