Background

Monday, December 10, 2012

Egg Nog Cookies

Today I'm sharing a recipe I came across on The Recipe Critic. (Thanks Alyssa!) As soon as I saw these delicious looking cookies I knew they would be my Cookie Exchange cookies! Don't egg nog cookies just scream Christmas? They do to me. I can not even begin to tell you how good these are. Scary good! Bake with caution - I mean it. And don't blame be if you eat a dozen yourself and your jeans are too tight. lol I wasn't counting, but I think I ate five or six yesterday.  ; )


Egg Nog Cookies
adapted from The Recipe Critic
makes 3 - 4 dozen

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cups white sugar
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup eggnog
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Eggnog Glaze:

  • 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
  • 3 tablespoons eggnog


  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.  Set aside.
  3. Cream sugar and butter together in mixing bowl.
  4. Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks.  Beat at medium speed with a mixer until smooth.
  5. Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed until combined. Do not over-mix.
  6. Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet or parchment paper and make the dough balls rather small because they will spread in the oven. Sprinkle the cookies with nutmeg.
  7. Bake 10-12 minutes until the edges are lightly brown.
  8. While the cookies are in the oven make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar with 3 T eggnog.
  9. Drizzle the glaze over cookies.

**Notes 
  •  Mine took 12 minutes to bake.
  •  I put the glaze in a baggie and snipped a teeny tiny bit of the corner off. It made it much easier to drizzle.
You should most definitely add these to your holiday baking list! They will not disappoint. Really. 

Happy Holidays!  

6 comments:

  1. Yum! I love eggnog anything and have yet to try a cookie! I think I may be adding these to my holiday baking list!
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh they turned out so good!! I gave them to my neighbor and she called them crack cookies! They really are the BEST!!! I am so glad you loved them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at eggnog! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe for this yummy snack!

    It looks easy and fun! The perfect combination for me! Thank you so much for linking it up!

    Have a blessed and wonderful Christmas!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! These look yummy! I just found you on the Wednesday Extravaganza. Please come share at my Farm Girl Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/12/farm-girl-blog-fest-13.html

    Happy Holidays!
    Lisa
    Fresh Eggs Daily

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so so delicious! And I personally love your presentation - beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza - I hope I see you there again this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks soo much for stopping by!! Please don't be shy, leave a comment or question. I love hearing from you! If you'd like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. : )
~ Catie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...