Background

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Teacher Survival Kit

Today marks one week until the girls start school and I'm pretty much ready. However there's one thing I've seen all over Blogland that I wanted to do, a teacher 'survival' kit. Since Miss A is in elementary school I thought it'd be fun to put one together for her new teacher. I really, really hope she has a female teacher. Otherwise I'll have to switch a few things.

Last night we headed to the dollar store and picked up a great little lunch box style box and a whole lot of goodies. We put the whole thing together for about $12.






Here's a run down of what we got:

  • box
  • hand sanitizer
  • lotion
  • lip balm
  • Advil (heehee)
  • tissues
  • Halls
  • pony holders
  • breath mints
  • And most importantly some treats - Ferrero Rocher & Turtles



I don't know about you, but I would love a gift like this! Have your kids started back to school yet? Did you make up a little something for their teacher? I think teaching is one of the most undervalued professions out there, and teachers definitely don't get the recognition they deserve. This is just my small way of saying, "Thanks for all you do. We really appreciate it!" Happy New School Year! 
**Update - September 1st

Her teacher LOVED the survival kit! She said she was the only teacher who even received a gift on the first day, and all the other teachers were jealous. So I'd say this is a perfect 1st day of school gift!

Sharing with:

7 comments:

  1. All you need to add is a bottle of wine and a glass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So considerate and sweet! That would definitely put a smile on my face :)
    Although I agree with Kari about the glass and wine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Catie! Great idea and I am sure her teacher will love it! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute idea! What teacher wouldn't love that:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea. I love that pink checker box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little pink box! I'm sure this is something the teacher will love to receive! My kids start school next week. (My youngest starts pre-school!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a thoughtful gift to put together!!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks soo much for stopping by!! Please don't be shy, leave a comment or question. I love hearing from you! If you'd like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. : )
~ Catie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...