Background

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Cake



Happy Sunday! I'm happy because today there are blue skies and no snow! Yesterday I made this Cinnamon Roll Cake and it was the perfect day for baking - chilly, gray and snowing. Yep, snowing. I know it's May. Tell that to the weather over Calgary. And the worst part, we'll most likely get more snow before the end of the month. It almost always snows on the May-long weekend. Yup. Enough about the weather, lets get to this tasty cake!

I love all things cinnamon. So when I came across this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I had to make it. I mean really, a cinnamon roll in fluffy cake form. Yes please!! ; )



Cinnamon Roll Cake
recipe from - My Shiny Life

Ingredients
Cake
3 cups flour
¼  teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ cups milk
2 eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted

Topping
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Glaze
2 cups powdered sugar
5 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
  2. Mix all ingredients for the cake together except for the butter. Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9×13 pan.
  3. For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake for 28-32 minutes.
  4. While cake is still warm, drizzle the glaze over the top.

* I halved the recipe and made an 8x8 cake. This cake is very sweet and it was plenty!!
* Also, I didn't swirl the topping with a knife. I just left it, and let it do its thing while it baked. I like the way  it turned out, more gooey goodness.



Go ahead and pin this picture. You know you want to!  ; )


This cake was delicious! It was declared by Miss A and that girl knows her food. We had a piece right out of the oven, yum. Later I had another small piece and heated it for just a few seconds in the microwave, it was awesome. This cake would be great to serve at a brunch. (Maybe someone could make it for you, for Mother's Day.) I hope you will give it a try. It was quick and easy to make. I know I'll be making it again really soon. 

Sharing With:

8 comments:

  1. That looks way too delicious to just look at this blog post and just sit here! I must go bake it now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soo much!! Please let me know how it turns out. =)

      Delete
  2. oh my that looks sooo yummy!!! I would go make it right now but I am really trying to cut back on sugar...i am a sugar-aholic!!!

    Hey, quick question...what photo editing tooks do you use for your pictures??

    Hope you are well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...this looks so ymmmy, I will take mine with coffee ;)
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa... that is my dream come true kinda breakfast in cake form. I'm sure I talk someone into eating it with me at my house. I'm bookmarking this. Found you on PWMP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum! What's not to like about this cake?! It sounds delicious. Thanks so mcuh for linking up Catie.
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I find reading this article a joy. It is extremely helpful and interesting and very much looking forward to reading more of your work.. birthday cake delivery birmingham

    ReplyDelete

Thanks soo much for stopping by!! Please don't be shy, leave a comment or question. I love hearing from you! If you'd like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. : )
~ Catie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...