Background

Monday, October 3, 2011

Halloween Wreath


Just a quick post today to show off my Halloween wreath I made over the weekend. It was super easy, super quick and super cheap. Just how I like it! First I started with a piece of pipe insulation. Yep, the stuff you put around your pipes so they don't freeze. We have quite a bit around our house. When Miss A was learning how to walk Mr. CC, being the worry wart that he is, put the stuff on a few of the corners of our walls. You know, just in case she walked into them. I have to admit, they have saved a few bumps and bruises over the years. Anyway, I took one, cut off about 8 to 10 inches, wrapped it into a wreath shape and taped it together. Like this.

Of course I forgot to take pictures of the actual assembly of the wreath, so you get the pic I pinned. Easy, huh? After that I took the 6 ft. garland I got at the Dollarama and wrapped it around. To secure the garland to the wreath I used a dollop of hot glue on each end. At the top I left about three inches exposed. That part I wrapped with some cute Halloween ribbon, added a bow and some extra to hang it with. Last year I bought a "Happy Halloween" sign for the door, I hot glued it to the bottom of the wreath. Now it's all one piece. Here's how she turned out.





This is how it looks at night with the porch light on. It's soo sparkly!! 

How do ya like my $2 wreath? The only things I bought were the garland and ribbon, both a buck each. I think it's soo cute and love the little black bats against the purple. Saturday the girls and I put up our Halloween decorations. We don't have very many, so it didn't take long. Have you started decorating for Halloween?

Here in Canada Thanksgiving is this weekend. We don't do a turkey. Me being American, I do Thanksgiving in November. Some years we go to friend's or family for turkey dinner. But I find it's not as big a holiday here as it is in the States and not as many people celebrate it. Don't know why? Personally, it's my favorite holiday. It's all about be thankful, good food, good company and none of the pressure or greed of presents. That's my kind of holiday!!
Sharing With:




10 comments:

  1. I love it!! I looked everywhere for garland like that, but couldn't find a thing. Yours looks fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really only $2 bucks? Awesome! Love the little sign on the bottom and the bow....great job! Hope you are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Halloween Catie. I love your wreath, so cute and certainly makes a statement. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Using the pipe insulation is brilliant! (Why didn't I think of that?)The wreath is oh-so-cute also! My neighbor has her whole front decorated in black, purple, and orange with HUGE purple mums on the porch. I'm going to show her your wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super smart... to make a beautiful wreath for such an awesome price is remarkable. Great job!!

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute wreath and it made me smile! What a way to welcome your guests!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you used non-traditional purple to make your wreath. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is fabulous, very glam! I'd love if you would share it at my blog party this weekend, hope you can make it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable wreath! I love the colors :)

    http://mamascraftyplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. My weekly linky party--One Creative Weekend--has gone spooky this week in honor of my thirteenth party. If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll visit "One Creative Weekend" on OneCreativeMommy.com (open every Fri-Wed) and link up this idea and anything else you’d like to share. (You can include non-Halloween posts as well, but feel free to link up as many Halloween-themed posts as you like.) There are two categories—one for Halloween and one for everything else.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks soo much for stopping by!! Please don't be shy, leave a comment or question. I love hearing from you! If you'd like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. : )
~ Catie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...