Background

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake Cookies

Yep, you read that right. A cookie that's like a little piece of strawberry shortcake. Moist and delicious! : ) I came across this recipe on Pinterest (shocker, I know) yesterday before dinner. As soon as I saw these I knew I HAD to make them! In this house strawberry shortcake is one of our favorite desserts. Once dinner was done I took , what was supposed to be, a quick trip to Safeway. Yeah, a little tip for ya, it helps if you have your bank card with you when you go to pay. Oops! I had to drive home, get the card, back to the store, pay, and get back home. At least I live really close to the store, but geez, all that for a cookie. These had better be good. They did not disappoint. We loved them!!


These "cookies" are a lot like a biscuit, but much 
moister with the addition of the strawberries.   


The recipe calls for heavy cream. I whipped up what I had left to make whipped cream. 
Soo scrumptious! 

Now I won't act like they were a breeze to throw together. They're definitely a little more labor intensive than your ordinary chocolate chip cookies. First you have to chop up 2 cups of strawberries. You also have to zest and juice a lemon. Then there's cutting in the butter. I also found I needed about 2 tbs. more cream than it called for. On top of all that, I somehow managed to put wax paper on my baking sheet instead of parchment paper. Good thing Mr. CC noticed just before I put them in the oven. I think I would have cried if I actually baked them that way. So then I had to transfer all the dough balls from one sheet to the other. It was just one of those days! Really though, they were worth it. I wouldn't make these every week, but I will make them again. They're THAT good!!

So what's the recipe you're probably asking by now. Well, you'll have to visit Kathie at Kathie Cooks for that. I know, I'm lazy, but I really didn't want to type it all out.  : )  Tell her hi and that I sent you! And if you try these let me know how you liked them. Oh, and one last thing - don't forget the whipped cream on top!
** Did you like my stamp frames on the pictures? I thought I'd play around with Picnik. I think they look pretty darn cute.  : )

Sharing At: 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Catie!
    Thanks so much for sending me a message and for trying out these Strawberry Shortcake Cookies. I'm so glad you like them! Don't you just love Pinterest? I'll get on it for a few minutes at night and by the time I know it, an hour has flown by!
    You have such a nice blog! I will be back to visit again soon. Enjoy the rest of summer and thanks so much for sharing a link to my blog! :)
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love strawberry shortcake!This sounds great, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks soo much for stopping by!! Please don't be shy, leave a comment or question. I love hearing from you! If you'd like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. : )
~ Catie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...