Background

Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Table for the Mr .

Hey All! After my post the other day about my cutie retro table, I was on the hunt for a side table that had a similar type of feel for Mr. CC's side of the bed. You may remember we used to have these night tables - wood, wicker, dark and a bit heavy looking compared to my new girl. My search on Kijiji paid off! I mentioned in that last post that I had found a small round brass bamboo table with a marble top and was waiting to hear back from the seller. Well I did hear back from her and boy was I happy. I picked it up and hit the Depot for another can of heirloom white to pretty it up.

Here's the so, so before. I guess it's not soo bad if you're into brass.


After one coat of paint. We're gettin' there. 


And after two coats of paint, the after!! 


Isn't it cool? I think the marble is a bit more masculine for Mr. CC's side of the bed. What do you think? The only thing I didn't like was how the cords hung down in the back. So I got tricky and used two twisties to secure them to the leg of the table. Yeah, sometimes I'm tricky like that! : )  



Did you notice the silver tray on the bottom? It makes a great addition to the table. Of course it was a GW find I picked up for $1. It used to look like this before I sprayed it silver. Retro/vintage cute, but not my colors. Too dark.
I'm soo pleased with how our bedroom is FINALLY starting to come together. It's only taken 11 1/2 years. Next up will be new lampshades. Today while I was at Home Depot I bought two harps for them. They don't have them and it's made finding new shades nearly impossible. There aren't many nice lampshades that slip onto the lightbulb. I'm most likely gonna get drum shades. Love those!

And here's a quick transformation of my jewellery tree that sits on my dresser. Since I was already spray painting I figured I might as well get it done too. I've been meaning to do it for a while now and I love how it turned out. You'll have to check back to see how it looks in my room.  : )







** Mr. CC is on holidays too, so once again I missed the good morning light! I should've kicked him out of bed so I could've gotten some better shots.  : )
Partyin' With: 
Shaunna @ Perfectly Imperfect's DIY Furniture Makeovers
Vanessa & Heather At The Picket Fence's Inspiration Friday
Courtney @ French Country Cottage's Feathered Nest Friday
Kim @ Savvy Southern Style's Wow Us Wednesdays
Sarah @ A Beach Cottage's Good Life Wednesday
Wendy @ The Shabby Nest's Frugal Friday
Gina @ The Shabby Creek Cottage's Transformation Thursday

SAS Interiors

4 comments:

  1. Cool! I really like that table! It looks really modern and I love how it reminds me of bamboo. So smart putting the tray on the bottom too. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Three Pixie Lane! The bowls came from Ross and are by a company called, '222.' I have seen them at Marshall's too! Others that inquired were able to find them online! Good luck! Your table turned out wonderful!! Christie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks sooo much better! Great job :)

    www.whatyoumakeit-coley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a great transformation, definitely has masculine feel to it. Thanks for sharing at Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks soo much for stopping by!! Please don't be shy, leave a comment or question. I love hearing from you! If you'd like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. : )
~ Catie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...