Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli & Rice Casserole
2 cups chicken, cooked & chopped
2 broccoli crowns, cut up (about 3 - 4 cups)
2 - 3 tsp Original Mrs. Dash (or to taste)
1 can cream of chicken soup
4 cups cooked rice (I used leftover.)
3 cups cheese, grated - Set aside 1 cup for topping.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 9x13 baking dish.
- Place the broccoli in a microwave safe bowl with a few tablespoons of water and cook on high for about 3 - 4 minutes. Just until barely tender. It will cook the rest of the way in the oven.
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Remember to set aside 1 cup of the cheese for the top!!!
- Dump into baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
I know the pictures aren't the best. Sorry! It smelled soo good baking, by the time it came out of the oven we were starving. ; ) The leftovers were great for lunch the next day. I just added a little bit of milk when I reheated it. That made it just as saucy as the night before. Mmm!
Do you have a favorite way to use up leftover chicken? Please share.