Background

Friday, July 22, 2011

Living Room Dreams

Evenin' All! Today has been a gray, rainy, chilly one. Our high for the day was barely above 50 degrees!! I thought about taking Ms. A to the movies, but there's not much out for a 5 year old. So, we've spent the day mostly at home. This lead me, of course, to Pinterest. While there I started looking through the living room pics I've pinned. They felt so warm, cozy and inviting. Just what I needed on a cold day like today. I thought I'd share a few with you. So grab a warm cup of tea, or iced tea if you're lucky enough to be somewhere warm.  : )  Enjoy.


I love everything about this room!! The typography on the throw pillows and ottoman. The subway art on the easel. The crates stacked as a side table. The wicker chairs... well like I said, EVERYTHING!! The two lovely ladies behind this fabulous room design are Roeshel from The DIY Showoff and Kassidy from Remodelaholic. They are competing in the Shaw Floors HGTV Home Design Challenge. I'll let you know once voting starts. I think their room should win, don't you? 


I'm loving everything in the room except that console table and glass vases. They just don't fit with the rest of the room, in my opinion. The bamboo blinds are fabulous. I'm really wanting some for my bedroom and the kitchen.


The jute rug and wicker folding screen add such a warm feel to the room. They balance out the white in the room. And roman shades are always a nice touch to a window. Who doesn't like them?


Don't you just want to pile onto these couches with your girlfriends, chatting and giggling just like you did when you were teenagers? This room is bright and soo cheery. There's not one element I don't like.


The color combo in this room is so trendy and now. I love the tradition look with the unexpected zebra rug. And those ceiling to floor drapes are soo lovely. I am swooning over the pattern on them.

all photos via Pinterest
Lastly we have this light, bright and airy room. Loving the pops of color they've created with the throw pillows. That yellow one on the slipper chair, it would look perfect on my bed.

They're all gorgeous, but I'd have to say my favorite is definitely that first one. Which one was yours? Wishing you all a happy and safe weekend. I'm looking forward to ours warming up!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I love so many differant things in each of the rooms. I'm really loving the one with the orange accents. Such great inspirational pics.
    Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend!
    Aledia~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catie! I'm so excited that you love our room as much as we do! We had a blast designing it and I wish I could have shipped it right to my own living room! Great collection of inspiration! Thanks for the shout out! It's so nice to e-meet you!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for featuring our room! We love it too, I wish it were in my own house now!

    Cassity

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is definitely the first one too! It's so put together with so many different styles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks soo much for stopping by!! Please don't be shy, leave a comment or question. I love hearing from you! If you'd like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. : )
~ Catie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...